Mobile Satellite communication
Mobile satellite services (MSS) provide two-way voice and data communications simultaneously through single, portable device to global users who are on the go or in remote locations, terminals range in size from handheld to laptop-size units.
Terminals can also be mounted in a vehicle, with communications maintained while the vehicle is moving.
MSS operates at L-band—low enough in the frequency spectrum to avoid the rain fade.
EgyptSat is a value-added reseller (VAR) for the two leading companies that manufacture the mobile satellite terminals (Inmarsat and Iridium).
- Telephone and SMS
- Internet and intranet access
- Email and file transfer
- Video conferencing
- Live video / audio, broadcasting
- Secure VPN
- VoIP and remote GSM
- Inmarsat owns BGAN “Broadband Global Area Network” which is a small terminal that can fit in a laptop case and can connect with one of four satellites in the L-Band for data transfer speeds up to 492Kbps
- Connect a laptop, smartphone or any device to a BGAN portable satellite terminal for high-speed Internet and phone from anywhere on the planet.
- Services available through a BGAN terminal are High-Speed Internet, Phone, Fax, ISDN, SMS Texting, and Streaming services, which are simply unshared Internet channels used by video/news broadcasters. Inmarsat has been a leader of global satellite communications services for over 30 years, and they license several manufactures to develop BGAN Terminals that communicate with any of the orbiting Inmarsat satellites. With Inmarsat’s BGAN service, you can set up a broadband mobile ofﬁce in minutes wherever you are on the planet.
- Portable: These terminals are small enough to be carried inside of a laptop case,
- High speed: Deliver broadband speeds of up to 492 Kbps. enabling you to access the internet or send email, and talk on the phone at the same time.
- Global coverage: BGAN is available across the globe providing connectivity wherever your business takes you
- Reliable network: BGAN services are delivered via the Inmarsat-4 network, with 99.9 per cent satellite and ground network availability
- Accelerator: You can use the free Inmarsat TCP Accelerator over BGAN to boost the upload speed of all TCP traffic by up to 300% (depending on file size)
- Totally flexible: Supporting the latest IP services, as well as traditional circuit-switched voice and data, BGAN integrates seamlessly with corporate networks and legacy applications.
- Easy to use: No technical expertise or training is needed to set up and use BGAN. All terminals are plug and play, so you can go online within minutes.
- Streaming IP and BGAN X-Stream™ : BGAN supports a range of guaranteed on-demand Streaming IP rates from 32kbps to at least 384kbps, and up to 450kbps with BGAN X-Stream™.
Inmarsat has a variety of terminals for Land and on the go solutions.
A. Land Solution:
B. On the move Solution:
Most vehicular terminals comprise a roof-mountable antenna and in-car unit. Antennas are compact, relatively lightweight and discreet, so as not to draw attention. The vehicular antenna can be permanently or magnetically mounted to the roof of any suitable vehicle, be it a truck, bus or recreational vehicle (RV).
2. Iridium OpenPort Broadband Services
For email, web browsing, social media, crew calls home to family and friends, or a back-up to your VSAT system the Iridium OpenPort broadband service gives you big ship communications capability on a small ship’s budget.
- Low-Cost Airtime:The Iridium OpenPort broadband service can substantially reduce your satellite communications costs compared to mini-M, Fleet or even FleetBroadband, while providing better reliability and throughput.
- Flexible Voice and Data Plans:The Iridium OpenPort broadband service offers a wide range of customizable voice and data plans allowing you to choose what best suits your needs and your budget—if you don’t use a service, you don’t pay for it.
- High Reliability and Availability:The unique Iridium constellation of 66 cross-linked Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites provides inherent advantages over GEO satellite constellations, delivering robust, low latency communications. Many customers with mission-critical communications requirements rely on the Iridium OpenPort Service for a reliable back-up to Ku-band and Ka-band VSAT, and other communications solutions on their vessel.
- Global Coverage and Connectivity:The Iridium OpenPort broadband service is powered by the world’s largest and only truly global commercial communication network, providing pole-to-pole coverage for ships at sea. For ships traveling in the polar regions (Sea Area A4), Iridium OpenPort broadband service provides an excellent solution for reliable communications and is the only broadband option available